Saturday, October 18, 2008

From the Tree to Our Tummies!

Geoff and I took a couple of hours just to ourselves this morning and went over to Tukey Orchard at WSU to pick some apples. Iain stayed with Grandma and Grandpa Crimmins for the morning. It was nice to go on a "date" and have a little time to ourselves.

It rained last night, so everything was wet, but that didn't stop us. It even made for a few good pictures.

See, I was working! It really was pretty there this morning--very picturesque. (Annie, you have to take your family over there and take pictures of them picking apples. You would have so much fun and get some awesome pictures!) We picked a total of 37 pounds of apples. That'll make a nice amount of applesauce, crisp, pies, etc.
Eight of the apples we picked have already been put to use. Yummy! Can't wait to dig into that pie. This is just one of the reasons autumn is my favorite time of year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pie looks awesome!

Had I known that an apple pie was in your future, I would have suggested going out to lunch Saturday afternoon! :)

Kelly said...

Yum!! That's definitely why autumn is great!! But do you realize you picked about twice the poundage of apples than you have of Iains?! That's a lot o' apples! Looks like a fun day!

About Us said...

Yummy! Bri should have come over to your house yesterday.... I totally am not into "cooking"! She made a pie too!!! You guys are going to have to let me know how to get there....