I don't think the directions said to "chug" oil, but like I said, Geoff did this his way.
He thinks he got most of the eggshell out of the batter but that there was probably at least one piece left in there. Wonder who the lucky party guest will be that gets that piece.
The directions said to "grease bottom only" and Geoff can take thing very literally sometimes. Geoff said, "I thought it was kind of weird, but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do." My birthday party is in 2 1/2 hours. With family as the guinea pigs, we'll see how Geoff's culinary attempt pays off. Wish us all luck!
2 comments:
Hey, the directions said, "grease bottom only" in bold letters like it was really important. It's not like I'm Jacques Flippin' Pépin, you know. And to be fair, I only dropped ONE egg into the batter, and that's because I was trying to crack it with one hand. Gawsh! :)
HAHAHA!!! Oh man, I'm not sure whether I wish I had been there, or that I'm glad I wasn't there to help pose as guinea pig!!! But I certainly think the sassy expression in the "grease bottom only" picture could only help the cake taste better. Baked goods are like women: better with a little sass. Write that down.
Hope you had a fun birthday, Kim!!
Post a Comment