Friday, October 17, 2008

Quilt

So I have managed to accomplish a few things since Iain's birth, including finishing this quilt I started last summer. It's one that I designed using my cool quilting program.

It's been done for a couple of months now, but it's taken me a while to get it hung up. It's a lot harder than you would think to hang a square quilt on point and have it hang right.

Here's a detail shot from the center of the quilt of the beading and heavy quilting that I did. This has something to do with why it took me over a year to finish this project. Being pregnant and having a baby had a little something to do with it, too! ;)

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Holy cow--that ONLY took a year?? There's so much quilting and detail!! Rrrr, and yeah, good job hanging it--I don't envy the logistics of that!

Anonymous said...

Love the beading! Adds some flash to an already beautiful design and execution. :)

About Us said...

Kim... that is really awesome! Great choice of color because RED RAWKS!!!