Thursday, March 06, 2008

Planning Ahead.



Iain received his first bank check from a very thoughtful relative the other day. He was very excited, but he said, "Dad, if we put this money in a savings account at 1.26 % APY it won't even keep up with inflation. By the time I'm 18 my money will have lost value." (To be clear, when I say he "said" these things I mean he didn't even think the words, much less say them. But I digress.) Hmmm...I think Iain must have overheard the Clark Howard show on the radio. Anyway, here's a video of me reading to Iain about a 529 college savings plan. It's rather dry material, so I tried to make it interesting for him.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Well jeez, forget that Seuss guy. I will not put that money in a box, I will not give that money to a fox! I will not, will not hide it in my socks, I will not, will not place it with my blocks!