Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Could it be... spring?

Spring is once again proving, shall we say, reluctant. It snowed today. Several times. It didn't stick, but the thoughts and motives were there, all right. It could stick, if it wanted to. Indeed, snow is forecast for the next several days. April is just days away, and I'm sure the word is "showers," not "flurries." Yes, April *showers* bring May flowers. I'm certain that's it. But my dear friends--the ones that would never leave me distraught--have returned. The crocuses (croci? crocae?) are here again by the driveway, blooming while they shiver. I can only imagine they are--teeth chattering--whispering to the honey bees, "Hey bud, we're ready if you are." So it is with those whispers that I find solace in the thought that spring may arrive one day soon.
This summer I bought a used Canon FL 5omm macro lens with the idea that it would earn its keep photographing baby toes and such. It's been doing just that. But I'm also having fun learning what else it's good for. Could you tell?

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Hahahaha! I'm not precisely certain whether I'm laughing at your snow or your commentary, but laugh I shall. Oh yes. And hey, unblossomed croci (yes, I like "croci"; it has a ring)are really just like periwinkle-colored baby toes, so your new photoratus (seems like a good word for photography apparatus) is indeed to good use. Jolly good.