Monday, December 01, 2008

Idler's Rest

On Friday after Thanksgiving we took a trip to Idler's Rest with some friends to do a little hiking. Iain took the name of the place literally and fell asleep about a half a mile before we got there.

So this is how the hike began. Iain always has found the woods relaxing. Thankfully there were 3 adults to pass him off between so none of us got too tired.
After about a 30 minute catnap, Iain was up and raring to go. He spent a lot of time looking up at all the tall trees. And while we were there it even snowed just a little bit, though Iain didn't really seem to notice.

There are lots of fallen trees at Idler's Rest. Thankfully we had our superhero friend and her daughter to keep us from getting squished.

1 comment:

About Us said...

Looks like the super hero needs a red cape... Iain I think you were the smart one on this little trip. I wished I could have just laid back and had someone carry me while I just gazed up at all the trees!