Thursday, May 15, 2008

That which we call a rose...

I've had for a while a high-quality enlarger lens that's optimized for 1:1 reproduction. I just bought some used macro bellows that allow me to use this lens on my digital camera, so I've been having fun taking macro photos of flowers in our yard. Above is a tulip, and below is Johnny Jump Up.
The last photo is a very close photo of the center of a daisy. I rather like those thingamabobs that compose the center of the daisy. I may have to try some more photos like this one as a gentle breeze was wreaking havoc on my efforts today. At this magnification the slightest subject movement will make the photo blurry. I know flowers aren't nearly as cute as Iain, but I thought you might enjoy the photos anyway. And yes, I know none of these photos is of a rose. --GWC

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Holy bajolies--that is close up! I didn't realize you meant that close! I like them! Oh, and Nick wants you to realize that they are endless jokes that can be made about your new enlarger lens.