

No, not the cheesy 1960's granola song. Wood turning. Yes, folks, there's big news in the wood turning world. Well...news is usually current and this "news" is about a month old. But, hey, you get what you paid for when you subscribed to this blog. Anywho, here's me and Kim putting together our new Jet 1642 wood lathe. It came in a cardboard box on a pallet. Some assembly required. And it's heavy. In thet thar one photo I'm using keroseen to remove the causmoline from the machined surfaces. What smelly, goopy stuff that is. Yee-uck! In the second photo Kim is installing the adjustable feet on the legs. In the last photo I'm using the lathe to turn square wood into round wood and a big pile of wood chips. Do you like the patriotic elastic straps on my face mask. I rather think I do. Rather. Previously I could only turn if I went to Jim Christiansen's shop. (That's Dr. Christiansen, if it makes you feel better, Kelly.) While I still enjoy visiting Jim's shop, it's really nice to be able to work on pieces at home. And I'm very pleased with the lathe. You should all get one. Or at least come over and turn a bowl or [censored by Kim]. Oh, and if Kim should ask, I don't know anything about the stray wood chips she find in the car, in the house, in the dryer, in the bathroom sink, &c. Must be from the wood chip Faery. Yep, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it. And that concludes my quarterly Web log.--30--
2 comments:
Shiny. And if there are any N.B.C. scares, you'll be ready with that ol' patriotic mask...! But now I'm just wondering what was censored by Kim. It could go any number of ways.
Yeah, I'm fixin' to duck and cover behind the table saw if I see a bright flash while I'm in the shop. I learned that from Bert the turtle. Even if a nuclear attack is unlikely, that's still not a bad skill to practice in my shop. ;) And the part censored by Kim was, um, an 11 o'clock.
Post a Comment