Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Sexy Snowflake

Well fer crying oot loud, we haven't posted anything for weeks. We're boring, but not that boring. Geoff has been carving gargoyles out of wood, and building a bathroom vanity for his dear Auntie, who is doing a makeover of her loo. And Kim's been quilting and ka-nitting and learning how to toll paint. We're planning to blog about all that but just haven't done so yet. But I can't keep you hanging any longer, so I thought I'd post this photo of some dead-sexy cast iron. It's a Yates-American 36" bandsaw, made in the good old U S of A in the middle of the 20th century some time. A you know, bandsaws are measured by the diameter of the wheels. Yep, it has 36" wheels. This series of bandsaws were nicknamed "snowflake" saws because the guard on the upper wheel looks kind of like a snowflake. Goldurn if that ain't a sexy saw. Kinda big, though. But her 20" little sister would sure fit nice in my shop. OK, that would still be tight squeeze. And I'd be in a tight squeeze with Kim if I ever came home with one. But hopefully this will tide you over until Kim can post a blog entry.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

o....m....g....

Geoff said...

Of course Connor will want one now. :)

Kelly said...

Hey, after the whole Clifford post I don't even let the kid look at your site!!! ;) Kidding...