Wednesday, August 09, 2006

I'm Sorry


Well folks, I'm sorry you had to endure that last post. Hope it hasn't driven you all away. I should have seen it coming though. Geoff had been asking me those same questions a day or two before he posted them to the blog. Next time he starts asking stuff like that I'll make sure to disable his password.

So besides pondering Clifford and the difficulties in owning a dog that size, what have we been up to you ask. Well, (other than work) Geoff has still been working on wood turning--he even got me to try turning a bowl, but I didn't really like it that much; and I have been working on a quilted wallhanging that I hope to have finished in a week or two. No, I didn't get Geoff to try quilting yet. Somehow I don't think that'll happen. Though you never know, maybe I'll talk him into it in the middle of the winter when the garage is too cold for woodworking and he needs something to do while sitting by the fire (I mean besides drinking cocoa).

As you can see from the photo above we've also been working on a painting project. We decided to paint all the stormwindows to match the pretty blue gutters on the house. Do you like our set up? Reminds me of a William Carlos William poem, "So much depends upon a red wheelbarrow..." Anyway, that's what you get when you let someone with an English degree post to a blog. I suppose it could be worse, you could have a photog--oh wait, sorry!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

You'll have to send a pic of the house when the windows are all painted up! Hmmm, the quilting-in-winter-to-keep-warm part is a good idea for Geoff, but frankly I think he'd just fall asleep after the cocoa. Oh, and it's ok reading English majors' posts--I notice it causes you to use doggy-doo terms a lot less frequently! ;)

Geoff said...

Aw crikey! How did I wind up with that bald spot on the top of my head. Harumph!