
Well, as you can see we're managing to keep ourselves occupied. Both of us have found something new to try this summer.Geoff has been taking woodturning lessons from Jim Christiansen (Dr. Christiansen for those of you who had him as a principal at Lena). Pictured above are a few of his first turnings. Jim (I mean Dr. Christiansen) said they're rather good for a beginner. I especially like the bowl made out of walnut.
And, while Geoff has been busy at the lathe, Kim has been working away at her sewing machine. She decided to give stained glass quilting a try. Here's here second attempt (her first attempt was great practice). Sorry to those of you who have fallen in love with this wallhanging, it already has a home. Kim gave it to her best-friend-since-3rd-grade, Melissa, as a birthday present.
Now for some real fun maybe Geoff will teach Kim how to do some woodturning and Kim will teach Geoff how to make a stained glass quilt. That could have some very interesting results. Hope all the rest of you have been finding fun new things to try out while you enjoy your summer!
1 comment:
Wow! All your projects look *great*!! I'm impressed! And I definitely think you guys should switch things up...although Geoff could end up making a stained-glass quilt of R2-D2 and C-390 if you did that... :)
Post a Comment