There was so much going on this weekend, and we wanted to do it all, but the rain put a damper (no pun intended) on that. It was the first weekend of farmers' market for the year. We managed an obligatory pass by all the booths while trying to stay warm and dry. Thankfully we were on our way to a toy store downtown to get Iain some glow-in-the-dark stars for his bedroom ceiling. We were able to warm up there before heading back out in to the cold and wet.
Around noon we made our way over to campus to see the Pow wow that was going on there. I think it was a bit much for Iain. He just stared at everything for the longest time trying to take it all in. He liked climbing up and down the bleachers and seeing the drums the best. We left the pow wow in a complete down pour, and of course by the time we made it to the car, it was hardly even a drizzle.
After nap time we attempted to go to the Renaissance fair. I say attempted because even though we made it to the park (after having stopped to shelter in the doorway of a local school while it poured and hailed for five or so minutes) we did not see much.
The grass was churned into a mucky mud soup, so we were restricted to the paved paths, and while we were at the park we had to seek shelter once again during another brief downpour. We finally gave Iain one of the umbrellas, I put the hood on my coat up, and Geoff took the other umbrella while we made our way home.
As you might guess, it quit raining once we were on a decided course home. I'm sure, had we decided to turn around and try going back to the Ren. fair, the clouds would have opened up once more. And today...well of course the sun has been shining, and we've been busy going to church and taking naps.
3 comments:
Cute picture--Iain looks pretty happy to be wielding an umbrella all by himself! Sorry the rain caused such trouble. I guess it was a good excuse to cozy up with warm, dry socks and a hot drink when you finally returned home, right?
Yep, that was the bright side. How was your renaissance fair?
It was fun! We only got a little sprinkled on, Nick got to wear one of his Utilikilts, and Connor bought a crossbow, so all was well! We've got ten more days of rain in the forecast, though, so I'm thinking I'll be drinking my fair share of tea this week!
Post a Comment