Iain has developed a new peculiarity. I know what you're thinking, "Hardly surprising considering who his parents are." So here it is.
Lately he's become rather demanding so we've been trying to get him to say "please" when he asks for things. It goes something like this:
Iain: Iain want hot chocolate.
Kim or Geoff: Can you say please?
Iain (Louder and whinier): Iain want hot chocolate.
Kim or Geoff: Say please.
Iain: There you go.
Kim or Geoff: What?
Iain: Hot chocolate!!
Kim or Geoff: Can you say hot chocolate, please?
Iain: There you go.
Kim or Geoff: Say please.
Iain: There you go.
Kim or Geoff: Iain, you have to say please.
Iain: There you go!
Kim or Geoff: No, say please first.
Iain: Hot chocolate!
Kim or Geoff: Oh for cryin' out loud...here's your hot chocolate.
Don't know where it came from, but every time we ask him to say please he's been answering us with, "There you go!" Guess Geoff and I need to be saying our "pleases" and "thank yous" a bit more often to model the behavior we want Iain to copy.
1 comment:
Maddox does the SAME thing! Well, almost. He demands things so I rephrase it how he should say it... "Can I have hot chocolate please?" Then Maddox will say, "Yup!" And stick his hand out for me to give it to him..
It gets worse.
Post a Comment