Saturday, December 08, 2007

Kim's Three

Okay, so it's my turn. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, look at the previous post. So three things about Kim...

1. I love doing crafty things. When I first got married the only crafty thing I knew how to do was counted cross-stitch. Since then, however, I've learned how to do all sorts of neat things like knitting, crochet, stamping/card making, a little bit of beading/jewelry making, tole painting, and by far my favorite--quilting.

2. I've taken a belly dancing class. It was supposed to be a 4 or 6 session class but the instructor canceled it after the first session--I was just so good! No, really, his mother was sick and he had to help care for her. (Now that I'm pregnant, please don't ask for any demonstrations.)

3. I have a B.A. in English and absolutely hate writing research/critical analysis papers. I guess I'm more of a personal essay/creative writing/poetry type person. And now that I don't have to read for classes anymore I enjoy reading more than ever. I even like some of the classics--though nothing will ever get me to enjoy reading Moby Dick.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Note to self: don't borrow Moby Dick from library. Belly dancing?? How fun! I need to move back to the Palouse so we could take lessons together!

Liza said...

Kim! I just got your Christmas card today & was so glad to get the blog address again, as I'd lost it! It's good to hear from you & I am so excited to hear that you're expecting a baby! I have got to be better about staying in touch. Do you ever hear from Joanna?

Kim said...

Hi Liza! Good to hear from you. I do stay in touch with Joanna, though not as well as I should. I saw her a little over a month ago at my baby shower.