Hi there. I know it's been a really long time since we've posted to our blog, so here you go. We've been working on installing a shower in our bathroom for the past month. (Yes, it's taken us just about that long--and we don't have all the detail work finished yet!)

As you can see, it was a rather messy process. I have to admit, I let Geoff do the bulk of the dirty work, but someone had to take a break and take pictures so we could post them here for all of you to see, right?!

It only took a couple of days after the demolition was done to put in all the new plumbing (including that long-awaited shower) and then put up all the backer board. The part that took a really long time was the tiling.

We discovered that we really didn't like doing tile work. (Geoff mentions that we seem to like showering though). It took us about 3 weeks more or less to get all the tile cut, placed, and grouted. We'd go through spurts where we'd work really hard for a day and then not touch it for 3 or 4 days just because we were so sick of it. We still need to do some sort of molding around the outside edge of the tile to give it a more finished look, and then we need to paint the rest of the bathroom. I have a feeling I'm the one who'll get to do most of the painting to even the amount of work that both of us have put in on this project. Oh well, it's just nice to finally be able to enjoy a nice warm shower.
1 comment:
Ooh that looks so nice!! The pictures of Geoff working hard, that is! ;) I really like the way the tiles look all put together!
Post a Comment